Director, eCP Finance Commercialization at Expedia Group
We are the eCommerce Platform (or eCP for short), an organization of over 3,500 employees – not including our many customer support agents – that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. eCP is the foundation for Expedia Group’s daily operations – from IT support to data center management, system access to traveler assistance, payment services to big data. Our teams are front and center in the lives of our employees, providing laptops, office space, network access, and data security, among many other things; and we are working steadily behind the Expedia Groups’ brand websites, converting customer “clicks” into incredible travel experiences. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale.
To date our transactional capabilities are clearly leading the travel industry and while our technology and products have initially been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, their ambitious strengths represent a compelling opportunity to broaden Expedia Group’s reach in the ecosystem of travel providers. The eCP Commercialization Team has a bold bet to commercialize our platform for all of travel. Join a nimble and mighty team at the forefront of travel plus payments technology development and experience this transformational journey.
What you’ll do:
As a key member of the eCP Commercialization Team, your role will be critical to helping to build out a new business while identifying and modelling opportunities to use payments and other eCommerce capabilities to power the $2T travel industry. You will work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Expedia Group Channel Partners to setup the business inside of Expedia Group. Additionally, you will be responsible for all FP&A duties for the eCP Commercialization Team and will report to the CFO, eCommerce Platform.
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, self-sufficient, and strong in more than one or all of the following areas
- Business management, including creating business strategy, owning P&L and managing commercialization metrics
- Support the development of pricing models and help build out commercial terms with our customers and channel partners in support of the sales team and business development teams.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of acquisitions and support valuation and deal structuring in coordination with our corporate development team
- Identify critical metrics and analytical frameworks to understand and drive the business. Build out processes and simple solutions to solve business and financial problems
- Communicate with key stakeholders on financial impacts of the business
- Work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations, Legal, Controllership and Expedia Group Channel Partners to setup and structure the financial management and tracking of new business units.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience in an analytical role with an emphasis in financial analysis and modeling
- 2+ years strategic planning or business development experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong executive presentation development and delivery capabilities
- Comfortable in creating strong relationships with internal and external teams. Ability to influence and drive leadership to decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline. MBA from top tier school
- Ecommerce payments experience
- Business development experience
Why Join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.