Director of Finance
Who is Karat?
Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and Citrix. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Finance at Karat
The Director of Finance at Karat will play a crucial role in defining Karat's financial strategy and establishing standard methodologies. You will need to be conscious of what to prioritize at our stage and eager to adapt as we scale. We want individuals who are inventive, creative and passionate about the solution we have crafted.
- Lead our monthly financial close and provide financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) to our Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Optimize our forward-looking investments and provide Return on Investment analysis (i.e. software purchases, account firms, etc.).
- Develop monthly, quarterly, annual and long-term financial plans and forecasts.
- Develop and handle monthly budgets with department heads.
- Develop and track key operating and financial metrics.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to plans and recommend strategies to keep the business on track.
- Assist in product pricing strategies.
- Own all invoicing accounts receivable and handle outside accounting firms.
- Coordinate with outside supporting contractors, auditors, bankers and shareholders as needed.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related degree.
- At least 7-10 years of meaningful experience.
- Thrive in dynamic and early stage environments.
- A shown understanding of financial planning and accounting principles.
- Able to guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Strong experience in income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
- Deep understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Strong social, communication and presentation skills.
- Human-first instincts and principles.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau).
- Previously held a finance position at a fast-growing Startup.
- Deep understanding of our business model.
Thank you for your interest in Karat!
Read Full Job Description