Director, Tax at Expedia Group
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its International Tax Planning Team as a Director, International Tax. In this role, you will be leading the International Tax Planning Team for Expedia Group and will collaborate with other tax team members to collectively gain a deep, end‑to‑end understanding of existing operations and various business initiatives. You will work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate and disseminate current and future business plans, obtain input from tax subject matter experts, and ensure coordination of cross-functional tax solutions. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, industry-leading organization as part of a dedicated team, and to tackle challenging projects and help craft an evolving tax strategy supporting a growing global business.
What you’ll do:
- Provide tax advice, develop international tax strategy and drive the implementation of solutions for both business and tax led initiatives
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers on various business and tax planning matters
- Ensure transactions are properly researched, executed, and documented
- Partner with business leaders on M&A diligence. Assist in developing and implementing integration strategies for M&A activities
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation and assist with defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
- Manage outside service providers, including identifying issues and ascertaining technical research and memos
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of relevant experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology sector is preferred
- LLM or Masters in Taxation (or equivalent) preferred
- Experience in US taxation of international transactions and planning for foreign operations
- Strong organizational, project management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management
- Ambitious, independent thinker and problem solver – able to think strategically, discover solutions and overcome obstacles within a matrixed organization
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong tax research skills
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.