Manager, Accounting at Getty Images
Who You Are:
This position plays a key leadership role in the Finance Team and is responsible for managing the activities in a general accounting function. Through the development and implementation of systems, process and policies, this role ensures that Getty Images’ assets are safeguarded and optimized to minimize business risks. This role acts as a liaison and resource for internal and external stakeholders (including external auditors), while providing day-to-day leadership to a team of accounting professionals. This position reports to the Controller.
Your Next Challenge:
• Managing multiple teams within the General Ledger function (US and international). Sets strategic vision while maintaining a collaborative, team driven atmosphere; this includes selecting, developing, mentoring, and counseling employees; establishing work standards; assigning work to employees; supervising and reviewing employees’ work for accuracy.
• Reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial statements.
• Ensuring compliance with all US GAAP, finance policies, regulations and laws while staying abreast of legal, regulatory and policy developments.
• Preparing and reviewing management reports.
• Functioning as a liaison between the company and auditors in US and International financial statement audits.
• Helps team adjust deliverables when faced with conflicting requests for time.
• Inspires direct reports through his/her professionalism and work integrity; displays can-do attitude is collaborative in nature.
• Effectively delegates the appropriate tasks to the right individuals based on his or her competence and motivation levels; pushes tasks and decisions down, empowering others.
What You'll Need:
• Minimum of 5 years relevant and/or management experience in this field.
• A combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that includes knowledge of automated financial systems and MS-Office tools. Oracle experience a plus.
• Solid experience in a leadership role.
• Ability to independently set direction and deliver results.
• High degree of emotional maturity, general business acumen, and leadership presence; is able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
• Excellent relationship-building skills; effective interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence for positive outcomes.
• Deadline driven with a desire for continual process improvements.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.