We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 2 million kids and over 80,000 teachers improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started.
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant will be an integral part of helping the accounting team with the general accounting cycle, including month-end processes, expenses, and ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
What You'll be Doing:
- Performing monthly close responsibilities, including account reconciliations, journal entries, and revenue recognition.
- Preparation of monthly & quarterly financial statements.
- Assisting in the review and analysis monthly financial statements.
- Filing of assorted tax returns & annual reports.
- Processing weekly check deposits.
- Preparation & assistance in year-end audit & other audits as necessary.
- Assisting in the commissions calculations & review.
- Ad-hoc projects and reporting as necessary.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc duties timely and accurately.
- Organizational Alignment.
- Reports to Accounting Manager.
- Works closely with other team members in the accounting, finance, and business operations team to ensure cross-collaboration.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or related area; or equivalent work experience.
- CPA credential or candidate preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in similar accountant role.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Demonstrated skills with accounting software and related tools.
- Working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
- Experience with CRM tools – Salesforce.com experience helpful.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Helping find inefficiencies in current processes throughout workflow.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and have the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing and fast-changing environment.
- Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy, in a dynamic environment.
Read Full Job Description