About the role:
Our Senior Accountant will be a key partner within the accounting team and assist in transactional accounting across multiple functions within the organization. The Senior Accountant will contribute to the month end close as well as assist in the preparation of financial and audit information in compliance with policies and US GAAP. This individual will also oversee invoicing/revenue recognition, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
Invoicing, Revenue Recognition and Accounts Receivable #1
- Play a key role as the Company’s primary revenue accountant
- Analyze customer contracts to ensure all revenue elements are being billed, measured and accounted for correctly. Review sales orders for proper revenue recognition/amortization of deferred revenue, data entry, and billing accuracy. Compare MRR in CRM to MRR in subscription billing platform.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, billing, and collections
- Work with Controller and Sales Operations to ensure timely and accurate bookings, billings and collections
- Participate in development and documentation of policies and procedures
- Prepare and review reporting including revenue analysis and metrics
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, and testing of systems and processes to support the accounting and reporting for deferred revenue, revenue, and other aspects of the book-to-cash cycle
- Drive continuous process improvements
- Work with VP Finance and Controller on technical accounting matters and implementation including ASC 606
- Prepare and process bimonthly multi-state payroll using Gusto payroll service
- Collection and validation of payroll inputs; including time records, bonuses, commissions, and deductions
- Provide proactive recommendations for the development and implementation of improved payroll controls and processes
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect pay and/or company liability
- Ensure compliance with state and local withholding requirements
- Remit and reconcile 401k, FSA and DCRA contributions with 3rd party service providers
- Prepare payroll related journal entries as required
Accounts Payable and Credit Cards
- Process invoices for accounts payable
- Prepare invoices for weekly check runs
- Review all accounts payable invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting invoices and processing payments in Quickbooks
- Process a weekly payment run (check, ACH, wire) for both domestic and international vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements, respond to vendor inquiries and research and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare a reconciliation of accounts payable at month-end
- Maintain vendor information, including W-9’s, and assist in the year-end 1099 issuance and reporting
- Assemble support for payment processing and maintain vendor files for audit support
- Credit Cards – ensure credit card transactions are properly documented, GL coded and reconcile credit card activity to the general ledger.
- Assist with monthly accounting close and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist VP of Finance and Controller with the year-end financial audit.
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
- Manage special projects and perform duties as required
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience including revenue recognition experience required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP (how books are audited)
- Advanced Excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis
- Experience with Quickbooks, Gusto, Zuora (or similar SaaS billing platform) and Salesforce (or similar CRM system)
- Experience working in technology industry (SaaS company a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Willingness to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities
- Organized and detail oriented
The Apptentive Team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great customer engagement products and delivering customer love. We truly believe that companies can develop meaningful and valuable relationships with their customers and that our software can become the key to a more personal and mobile world.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply! Apptentive values diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or parental status.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Principals only-- No recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Read Full Job Description