Senior Associate, Corporate Development
As a Corporate Development Senior Associate, you will be an integral part of the Expedia Group Strategy & Corporate Development Team. In this role, you will have responsibility for (1) evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions from a financial and strategic perspective; and (2) identifying, prioritizing, and driving strategic initiatives across Expedia Group and its brands. You will work on projects directly with senior members of the Corporate Development team and other senior executives across the Company including the Expedia Group CEO and CFO.
What You'll Do:
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Managing deal processes and coordinating with senior executives to execute transactions
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for potential transactions
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions
- Playing a key role in transaction negotiations and legal documentation
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by senior executives and the Board of Directors
STRATEGIC PLANNING & PROJECTS
- Developing Expedia Group’s annual strategic and financial plan
- Assessing underlying category trends and competitive dynamics
- Identifying key medium- and long-term strategic initiatives to improve Expedia’s operational performance and competitive positioning
- Playing a key role in leading Company-wide strategic projects while working closely with senior members of the Corporate Development team and senior executives
- Translating long-term targets into tangible financial and operational objectives
- Conducting analyses to prioritize scarce resources in light of strategic initiatives
- Creating materials to communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management and the Board of Directors
Who You Are:
- 1-4 years in a leading investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and/or corporate development organization
- Strong interpersonal skills (communicating externally and internally at all levels)
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Experience communicating complex information to senior leaders
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research, and presentation creation
- Approachable attitude and willingness to have fun
Recent Senior Associate Experiences
- Led the business diligence processes and built the financial models for Expedia’s acquisitions of HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Liberty Expedia Holdings
- Worked with the senior members of the Corporate Development team and senior executives across the Company to asses new market entry strategies for Expedia Group
- Traveled to cities across the world, including Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Sydney, Singapore, Jakarta, San Francisco, New York, and London for on-site business due diligence of potential targets
- Attended the Corporate Development offsite, most recently in Bend, OR, where team-building activities included ATVs, horseback riding, golf, and canoeing
- Senior Associates have gone on to top business schools (Harvard, Wharton, Booth)
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.