Senior Director, IT Applications - Finance at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Senior Director, IT Applications - Finance
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: VP, IT Corporate Services
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We make work, work better for our customers.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Sr Director of IT, Finance will lead innovation, solutioning and delivery for the Finance portfolio. This leader will be the end-to-end service owner for all Finance Capabilities (FP&A, Tax, Treasury, RTR, STS, OTC, etc.). This leader will partner with senior level business leaders to drive the development and execution of a strategic portfolio of programs to achieve their business goals.
The application landscape, for which this leader will be responsible, includes commercial applications like SAP, (ADD Platforms) and will also leverage the ServiceNow platform to create custom applications to enhance the effectiveness and user experience. This is an exceptional opportunity to transform the way a company works, and to speak to customers about how we leverage the ServiceNow platform to help the company make work better for you.
What you get to do in this role:
- Plan the future. Define, drive and oversee the Business Systems Enterprise roadmap (immediate and long term) for the entire Finance organization.
- Become a trusted advisor. Partner with senior business leaders on their strategic roadmap, understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes) and create technical solutions to scale business operations and ensure compliance.
- Be proactive. Identify and recommend creative ideas to improve business operations.
- Drive results. Own the portfolio of projects, and lead projects to achieve desired goals and benefits aligned to planned timelines and budgets.
- Own a technology portfolio. Manage 3rd party commercial best-of-breed solutions and the vendor relationships, as well as develop custom solutions on the ServiceNow platform.
- Lead and develop a global team with end-to-end responsibilities: engagement, analysis, design, develop, QA, support.
- Provide leadership and establish a culture that continuously strives towards best practice and solutions excellence.
- Be a thought-leader and influencer. Influence and coach IT personnel and the business.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or a related field. An additional degree in a business field is beneficial.
- Combined 10+ years of experience in the following areas: Finance Transformation, ERP implementation and maintenance ; CRM; PRM; custom software design and development; leading a portfolio of projects to success; creating partnerships with senior business stakeholders; determining solutions to help scale business operations; identify opportunities to scale operations and “sell” them to business stakeholders.
- Experience driving and guiding a technology transformation of Finance. In a technology company.
- Combines solid technical skills with business solution pragmatism. Is pragmatic, practical and solution-oriented. 2/3rd technical, 1/3rd business.
- Has experience delivering critical products and mission-critical services in a leadership role in IT. Has a proven record of overcoming crises and leading teams through difficult situations.
- Successfully managed ~15M budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an engaging personality. A proven ability to effectively interface with a diverse range of roles at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills. Able to influence, guide and convince. Has a history of having been a thought-leader who people follow and admire.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.