Senior Financial Analyst
Make an impact! An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic Enterprise Solutions Finance team within Expedia Partner Solutions. Are you’re looking to join a high performing commercial finance team and shape the future of our business partnership approach? If so, you’ve found your home.
What you’ll do:
This is a key role reporting into the Director of Commercial Finance. In this role you will be the key interface for Commercial Finance to the Enterprise Solutions Product and Technology teams. This role will evaluate technology payback guardrails to help guide future commercial development. In addition, the role will lead the commercial finance process across a portion of Enterprise Solutions partnerships. The role will work with Sales to deliver accurate forecasting, evaluate new partnership opportunities, and support decision making to optimize partnership top and bottom line growth.
- Develop standard models to evaluate Enterprise Solution technology spend and required return on investment. Establish profitability hurdles to guide commercial teams’ business development efforts.
- Develop business cases in support of initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of technology spend across Enterprise Solutions. Deliver compelling presentation of initiatives to Sales, and Finance leadership
- Track progress of Enterprise Solutions technology initiatives, providing progress reporting, and evaluate impacts of technology initiatives on addressable partner opportunities
- Support key partner negotiations, including new accounts and renegotiations, through performance/opportunity assessment, contractual terms modeling, scenario planning and mid-term performance reviews
- Coach Sales and Business Development partners to disseminate commercial finance knowledge and improve business insight driving better decision-making
- Partner strategy - assist in the setting of long, medium and short-term initiatives, working with key partners to identify deliverables. Develop tools for/lead performance measurements against goals
- Assess new business opportunities – including market entry/exit decisions – investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior team members, developing them to be effective partners to our stakeholders
- Forecasting: lead delivery of partner level forecast, including assessing any key areas of under or over performance and of risks and opportunities, feeding into the FP&A process
- Annual plan: oversee partner view (both strategic and detail), work with Sales team to deliver both macro Sales perspectives and affiliate level input. Contribute effectively to FP&A process to ensure key plan deliverables are met
- Deliver high class reporting: Work with key partners in Finance, Business Intelligence and Sales to ensure information is relevant, timely, reliable and interpreted for the needs of the Sales leaders, Account Managers and Business Development Managers
- Pull insights from reporting and ensure they are effectively disseminated and acted upon where appropriate. Push where necessary for further investigation and interpretation
- Input into the development of standard reporting and enhance business processes to enable positive decision-making for the team, and deliver on EBITDA goals
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Highly analytical, going beyond the traditional functions of finance, driving insight and strategy across a broad range of business issues
- Someone who always builds a compelling vision from the numbers and communicates clearly with all stakeholders
- Can manage multiple projects at once while keeping the teams focused on delivery
- Creative thinker & self-starter
- Exceptional listener and skilled negotiator
- A relationship builder
- A facilitator, skilled at conflict resolution
- Big picture focused whilst helping implement procedural change
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 7 years of finance experience
- Skilled at building, delivering and interpreting risk and strategy
- Familiar with B2B business models and large, multi-currency accounts receivable functions
- Experienced and enthusiastic working in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments
- Someone who thrives in large, global, fast moving organisations
- A skilled people leader, passionate about developing talent
- Ideally with technology/travel tech experience
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.