Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst, eCommerce Platform
We are the eCommerce Platform (or eCP for short), an organization of over 3,000 employees – not including our many customer support agents – that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. eCP is the foundation for Expedia Group’s daily operations – from IT support to data center management, system access to traveler assistance, payment services to big data. Our teams are front and center in the lives of our employees, providing laptops, office space, network access, and data security, among many other things; and we are working steadily behind the Expedia Groups’ brand websites, converting customer “clicks” into incredible travel experiences. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale.
What you'll do:
- Deliver in-depth analysis and understanding of results for eCP across business lines and expense categories
- Proactively approach management with fact-based analyses and recommendations for maximizing cost efficiency and/or making financial processes at eCP more effective and efficient
- Evaluate actual business results and forecasts with a degree of healthy skepticism with the objective of improving forecast accuracy and alignment with stated division objectives
- Identify and implement process and reporting enhancements to drive additional insight
- Serve as liaison to peer finance teams both inside and outside of eCP to ensure alignment and to develop an understanding of how eCP financial results are impacting Expedia Group
- Create ad-hoc presentations and analyses in support of eCP senior leadership
- Be flexible in a dynamic work environment and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong qualitative and quantitative financial analytical skills
- Results driven, highly motivated, and curious with a "can do" attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong mathematical background; comfortable working with complex relationships and formulas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint capabilities with strong attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and efficient with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently within demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated understanding of forecasting / planning processes
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.