Senior Manager, Accounting at Expedia Group
Are you a dedicated and driven accounting professional with a passion for travel? If so, this is the team for you! We are looking for a talented Senior Manager of Accounting to join our amazing and dynamic team! Expedia’s Corporate Accounting and Reporting team is responsible for the accounting of all expenditures, marketing activities, capital activities, including software development, lease accounting, and other strategic activities associated with these areas of the business. This team is located in Seattle, Washington.
What you’ll do
- Work Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with teams across Expedia Group to ensure appropriate accounting, drive projects and transform processes as we build world class accounting and finance system.
- Lead: Guide, mentor and develop team
- Manage the Close Process: Review journal entries, trending, reconciliations, etc.
- Technical accounting and reporting: you will be responsible for evaluating accounting impacts of material new contracts and processes and responsible for operationalizing new accounting activities and functions. In addition, you will oversee quarterly reporting requests and related analytic review activities for executive review.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance and US GAAP fundamentals and SOX compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Works well in a team environment
- Uses good judgment and makes decisions as necessary
- Foreign currency experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials or similar ERP system preferred
Who you are?
- You have 7+ years accounting experience with 3+ years managerial experience, preferably in a large growth oriented international organization or high-tech company
- You earned a BS degree in Accounting
- You are a CPA
- You have a “customer” focus with a strong ability to establish and maintain a cross-functional network
- You possess the ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- You are a problem solver
- You can develop and implement new processes, as well as improve the existing
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.