Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting - Foreign Provision at Expedia Group
Are you a tax professional seeking your next challenge? Are you eager to apply your tax technical skills to solve new and unique challenges? Do you view changes in tax legislation as an opportunity to learn and grow? If so, then consider joining the Tax Team at Expedia Group!
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its Global Tax Reporting Team as a Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting, responsible for the foreign tax provision. The Global Tax Reporting Team is part of the broader tax department and corporate finance at Expedia Group. Our team of tax enthusiasts is responsible for the global tax provision, U.S. income tax reporting (federal, state, and U.S. international reporting), tax controversy, global tax modeling, domestic tax planning, mergers and acquisitions and other transaction support, and special projects.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director, Global Tax Reporting, this is a strategic role requiring technical expertise in ASC 740, tax accounting, and SEC reporting. In this role, you will be responsible for calculating and reporting the income tax effect of Expedia's foreign entities and will assist with tax operations including process and policy development and management, technology and automation, and other special projects.
As the Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting, you will partner with teams in Global Finance and Tax to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting and achieve the goals and priorities of the Expedia organization.
The specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and review all aspects of the quarterly and year-end U.S. GAAP tax provision for Expedia’s foreign entities, including:
- Effective tax rate
- Current and deferred provision
- Current and deferred tax balances
- Income tax reserves
- Unremitted earnings and APB 23 positions and calculations
- Liaise between the Financial Planning Analysis Team and Tax regarding the legal entity forecast.
Tax Compliance and Controversy
- Provide support for the preparation and filing of U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- M&A – Provide support for domestic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and business initiatives.
- Planning and Legislative – Analyze changes in tax legislation and provide recommendations to management.
- Transformation, Technology and Automation – Support the evolution of the tax reporting function, tax technology tools, and support technology enhancements. On an ongoing basis, develop and implement process improvements for the global tax reporting process.
- Controls and Process Transformation – Maintain process documentation and support ongoing process transformation while ensuring adherence to controls and policies.
Who you are
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- CPA license required
- At least 8 years of experience in ASC 740 reporting and at least 5 years of public accounting experience with one of the “Big Four” firms
- Comprehensive and demonstrable technical skills related to accounting principles, ASC 740, and federal and state income tax concepts, with exposure and understanding of international tax concepts
- Tax provision and compliance software experience
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstration of strong analytical skills, and the ability to develop solutions around new facts or tax law changes
- Strong tax research skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.