Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Are you a high-performing audit or assurance leader with deep technical and business process knowledge, excellent executive-level communication skills, a drive for continuous learning, and a passion for operational excellence? Do you share our passion for travel and technology? We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our high-performing and collaborative global internal audit team supporting to the world’s largest travel platform.
As trusted advisors, the Corporate Audit Services (CAS) team empowers Expedia Group’s travel platform to bring the world within reach by:
- Providing objective advise and insight into process design, scalability and improvements;
- Leveraging our expertise in business & technology risk and compliance management; and
- Fostering internal partnerships and relationships with laser-focus on customer- and partner-centricity.
What you’ll do
- This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Audit and Risk Management
- Lead and oversee internal audits, including development of the audit objectives/scope, facilitation of process interviews, documentation of company processes and procedures, identification of risks and controls, execution of internal controls testing, identification of issues, review of workpapers, and on-going communication with and reporting to stakeholders and leadership;
- Support and influence finance and enterprise-level risk management initiatives on behalf of CAS; take an active point-of-contact role, provide thought-leadership, and report back to Sr. Director on a regular basis
- Provide on-going thought-leadership around emerging trends, regulations and technologies in the worlds of audit, risk management, regulatory compliance, e-commerce, and technology; promote continuous learning and cultivate “best-in-class” practitioner capabilities by delivering hands-on team trainings or organizing learning opportunities
- Drive CAS strategy across the enterprise and consistently deliver executive-quality work products and audit reports that are effectively written with practical, actionable and value-adding recommendations;
- Review and manage progress against multiple audits and projects; delegate appropriately and prioritize competing tasks for best results;
- Lead teams executing annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls validation and testing efforts, including resource scheduling, status readouts, reviewing work performed by staff/seniors;
- Supervise and mentor a team of Staff/Senior Internal Auditors, providing active coaching, feedback, and guidance, while fostering an inclusive culture;
- Develop a deep understanding the IT environment of the Company (systems, services, architecture, and people) and apply that knowledge with existing technical/systems expertise to support the various business processes and operational procedures;
- Lead complex and executive-profile assignments, internal audits or risk assessments;
- Actively contribute to developing and maintaining on-going relationships with business partners throughout the Company;
- Help manage and execute enterprise-wide risk assessments with key stakeholders; and
- Demonstrate flexibility and mental agility, continuously look for improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations, and seek out new value-creating opportunities.
Who you are
You will fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in accounting, audit, finance, business, information systems or related field and approximately 8+ years of related work experience;
- Relevant certification(s) - CIA, CISA, CPA/CA or other relevant certifications considered;
- Significant experience in technology, financial, operational and SOX audits, including IT general and application controls;
- Proven success in working in cross-functional organizations with a “get it done” bias to action; demonstrated ability to “think Big and Small”;
- Successful experience developing and fostering high-performing teams to address complex issues within large organizations;
- Highly-organized with strong analytical, interpersonal, issue resolution, communication, and project/people management skills; and
- Ability to travel domestic and international with ease – for some employees, the role may require up to 15-20% travel
You will be preferred for this role if you have:
- Big 4 or similar public, client-service assurance/audit experience;
- Strong knowledge of services/systems prevalent in large-scale public technology/e-commerce organizations (including homegrown systems/services, payment systems, AWS/cloud environments, Oracle ERP, Workday, Salesforce, Hyperion, GRC tools); and
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry trends, regulations, and frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO, GDPR, CCPA).
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-LJ1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.