Senior Payroll Specialist at ExtraHop
Are you looking for a collaborative environment where you can have a big impact? At Extrahop we bring experts together to listen, collaborate and build the foundation of a fast running company today and into the future. Here you’ll know how the entire business operates, enable your business partners and help us scale into an enterprise market leader. Your expertise, opinions and recommendations will be valued as you enable your partners across the company to achieve amazing results. If you would you love to build a department from scratch and collaborate with your peers to create excellent, streamlined, low overhead processes that work today and into the future, Extrahop is right for you. Apply today and help us grow our company and your career.
We are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist, who will, in coordination with the Payroll Manager, be responsible for timely and accurate processing of global payroll. The ideal candidate will have experience processing US Semi Monthly payroll for 500+ employees, be system savvy and a team player. You will review work performed by external payroll vendors for international locations, assure compliance for internal/external quarterly and annual payroll reporting, oversee employee inquiries, and partner with HR and Finance to maintain/enhance global payroll policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll related information into ADP Workforce payroll system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Verify all pay rates, garnishments, liens, levies, and benefits etc. are correctly calculated for employees.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime.
- Answer general payroll related questions, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other applicable issues and maintains current knowledge of IRS and applicable State/Local regulations.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Register the company for new State/Local payroll taxes as needed and add the States/localities into the payroll system.
- Manage 401K Audits, Workers compensation audits and any state tax notices.
- Researches tax issues and prepares tax filings for workers’ compensation, ADP, and any special information requested for external parties/auditors.
- Serve as a liaison between associates and local country third party payroll contacts for our non-US payrolls.
- Process accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad-hoc reporting.
- Process Prior Quarter/Prior Year Tax adjustments as needed.
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals, and reconciliation of payroll and benefit-related expenses and balance sheet accounts.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A deep understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPPA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong professionalism and communication skills.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- 5+ years of payroll experience, including 2-3 years in multi-state payroll processing at a fast-growing company.
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now Payroll and Time & Attendance.
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law