Senior Pricing Analyst at Expedia Group
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of research, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat; to reading personal travel reviews of hotels; to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
The Senior Retail Pricing Analyst is an integral member of the Global Pricing Team. You will be responsible for analyzing the performance of our package pricing strategy, algorithms and recommending changes which optimize our bottom and top lines. You will support all lines of business by resolving data issues and ensuring we know the success of our pricing business at all times.
What you will do
- Work with data scientists to find opportunities and evaluate performance of pricing algorithms
- Work with external partners, such as brand managers and finance leadership to ensure business requirements are gathered and critical metrics are in line with expectations
- When critical metrics do not meet expectations, you will help identify: source of underperformance, help isolate drivers, and hand off to engineering or others.
- If you are quantitatively minded and curious about the online travel purchase space then this is the right opportunity for you.
- Ensure data accuracy. Drive data fixes when data is inaccurate. Work with various partners to resolve.
- Estimate revenue opportunity (sizing) for new use cases in the pricing package systems and prioritize accordingly with package engineering.
- Build and track all aspects of our business by utilizing the health of pricing business report to ensure trends on: Package Margin, Air Margin, Opaque Sales, GP, Ticket, Package Transactions, ADRs, Conversion, PSR (Package Success Rate), HFS, EFS, etc.
- Work with Finance and CMC (Trading) to resolve revenue performance issues by suggesting optimizations.
- Derive new measurements such as repeat customers and LTV related to pricing. Understand if we can use other teams metrics or do we craft our own.
- Manipulate large volumes of data; and design new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage.
- Understand GP (Gross Profit) components pricing team uses to settle how we impact our algorithms for our standalone products and packages.
- Analyze and provide regular and ad hoc reports for internal partners such as engineering teams to ensure new features added to our algorithms are working as designed.
- Build reporting and dashboards supplying insight on all analyses motivated by identified trends data.
- Track and monitor issues related to package revenue management, and drive progress to resolutions.
Who you are
- You are a self starter with a visionary spirit. You are passionate about travel and chipping in to the improvement of our product offering.
- Highly analytical individual able to work autonomously in the identification, preparation and presentation of performance analyses.
- You have a high level of understanding of web analytics and shown strength in SQL.
- You are competent in Tableau, PowerBI and/or QlikView.
- You possess strong project management skills and the ability to work across various teams.
- You can demonstrate excellent analytical skills through reproducing scenarios, analyzing and researching available data, filing bug reports, developing alternatives to bring resolution to issues.
- You show excellent social skills both verbal and written.
- You will monitor competitive analysis to ensure we are equal or ahead of suppliers and other OTA's globally.
- Demonstrate excellent use of advanced Excel and good financial modeling skills.
- Craft ad-hoc presentations and reports as needed.
- Previous experience in the travel industry is a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.