Sr. Accountant II at Expedia Group
Looking to join a dynamic team of accounting professionals that is working collaboratively to build global processes while obtaining valuable international accounting experience? The International Accounting team ensures Expedia Group, Inc.’s subsidiaries remain compliant with foreign government’s financial reporting requirements. Our ideal candidate has a strong foundation of accounting and auditing skills, foundational understanding of business processes, as well as multi-currency and an intermediate accounting systems background. This position is located at the Expedia Group worldwide headquarters in Bellevue, Washington, and will relocate to the new Expedia Group campus in Seattle, Washington in November 2019.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively between internal and external teams to build new global processes to facilitate efficient statutory reporting compliance.
- Work cross-functionally supporting global statutory audits, including being the primary liaison with auditors for selected processes.
- Assist in establishing and documenting new business processes and ensure these processes are communicated across the various business groups.
- Understand US GAAP concepts for revenue recognition under ASC 606 to be able to assess differences to local GAAPs in various jurisdictions around the world.
- Prepare journal entries and ad hoc analysis and account reconciliations.
- Assist with special projects and other global reporting and compliance processes.
Who you are:
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting required; CPA
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience; public accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to use accounting knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting the department's objectives while working in a fast-paced, team oriented, rapidly changing, and high-growth organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, capable of clearly articulating complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding.
- Proficient in English, foreign language skills a plus.
- Aptitude to establish and maintain a cross-functional network outside of our immediate team to ensure strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills including ability to act as primary owner of individual projects, analyses or processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Oracle or a similar ERP system.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data.
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.