Sr Global Mobility Specialist, Tax
Sr Global Mobility Specialist, Tax
Expedia Group revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and dedicated team from all over the world – with 20,000+ employees, in over 50 countries. Through incorporating a product-led approach and agile practices, we are focused on building a test and learn culture to improve our ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an increasingly competitive environment. The Global Talent Mobility Team supports the relocation and immigration needs of Expedia Group and we’re looking for a Senior Mobility Specialist for Tax to help us execute upon our vision for a seamless relocation experience for existing employees and new joiners alike.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with other Global Talent Mobility team members, HRBPs and line managers to manage moves that require more in-depth tax reviews such as commuter arrangements, extended business travelers, frequent business travelers, remote working arrangements and flexible working arrangements.
- Define company-wide guidelines for cases that require more in-depth tax reviews and assist with trainings for HRBPs, recruiters and line managers.
- Establish relationships and ways of working with the Corporate Tax and Legal teams.
- Keep abreast of tax legislation changes globally.
- Update and maintain the content on HR Connect (Expedia’s employee platform) together with the Immigration team e.g. guidelines for business travelers.
- Manage tax vendors, their scope of work and ensure that they are keeping to the agreed SLAs.
- Review invoices from Expedia’s tax vendors on a timely basis.
- Ensure that Expedia’s tax processes and documents are audit-ready.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as needed.
Who You Are:
- University degree holder.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in Global Mobility, International Human Resources, International Tax or Immigration.
- Knowledge and experience working with tax, legal, benefits, and immigration issues.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to represent complex issues and recommendations in simple ways to enable business decisions.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams.
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially: attention to detail, responsiveness, follow-through, flexibility, initiative and tact.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.