Sr Manager, Tax Technology
Senior Manager, Tax Technology
As a key member of our team, you will: 1) lead a hardworking group in the day-to-day management and monthly delivery of compliance using the existing tax platform; 2) drive enhancements in process and technology; and 3) contribute to the Global Tax Platform delivery through reporting and operations requirements. This position requires a combination of technical skills, finance systems, tax knowledge, along with significant people skills to hire, mentor and continue to develop a team that supports operations that support Expedia’s Global Tax Team. You will collaborate with our team, and partners throughout the Expedia. This team will deliver tax and transactional data to contribute to and support the Global Tax Function. The Sr Manager, Tax Technology will be accountable for process improvements and system recommendations to support Tax Technology and Global Tax background in financial systems, finance/accounting are strongly preferred. Transaction tax is a significant plus. You have a background in financial systems, tax, and/or accounting and a strong curiosity for data and passion for improving systems for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Staff, mentor, lead and direct a small, nimble data analytics team to provide data solutions, tuning, and monthly compliance reporting delivery to support Expedia Global Tax operations.
- Have a strategic and hands-on approach to delivering holistic solutions
- Be or become a domain expert in Expedia’s Tax content and data.
- Drive roadmap and management of the monthly compliance close process for multiple brands.
- Lead collaboration with other business partners, responsible for defining tax-specific data analytics, goals, and deliverables.
- Own data quality and define appropriate metrics for reporting on content management.
- Working with the Global Tax team, determine requirements for reporting and data for ad hoc and repetitive reporting.
- Communicate effectively across teams regarding priorities, status and delivery.
- Monitor ongoing delivery, including promptly identifying, communicating problems, and facilitating creative solutions to resolve blockers in timely manner to support business operations.
- Responsible for developing implementing KPIs - Key Performance Indicators for operations reporting metrics.
Who you are:
- Demonstrate initiative and critical thought to understand new and complex efforts, anticipate information needs and identify gaps in information, and be able to organize data from multiple entry points and communicate the information cohesively and clearly.
- Ability to envision possibilities of a new future state, not just enhance the current state.
- Experience in a finance systems operations environment; tax-related role is a significant plus
- Proactive and self-motivated, and takes ownership and responsibility for work product
- Extremely well-organized, and able to adapt to changing and/or pressured circumstances with grace and agility
- Ability to drive issues to successful, timely conclusion through effective organization, collaboration, communication and troubleshooting
- Exercise good judgment and move forward, even with incomplete data
- Team player, able to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers, vendors, and other organization and project participants
- Delegate effectively up, down and across the chain of command, and mentor others to help bring out their best
- Have the flexibility that a global company requires (e.g. be available for calls with people in other time zones, etc.)
- Acts with honesty, integrity and respect
- Minimum of 7 years hands-on product and people management or other relevant experience, Tax/Finance department experience a plus
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Finance, or Tax-related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Confluence, and other commonly used software tools
- Strong SQL Server, Oracle or other relational database skills
- Working experience with finance, accounting, or tax systems projects
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.