Sr. Program Manager
As the Finance Transformation Senior Program Manager, you will lead the Finance Transformation Tax program function globally and will drive requirements capture and enable tax product across all tax disciplines. You will collaborate with partners across Finance Transformation, Tax and the Expedia business to develop and execute all aspects of definition and delivery of product requirements to facilitate Expedia’s continued global expansion.
Expedia's Tax Organization are all stewards of Expedia’s financial future. Across the breadth of our finance functions, we will constantly push ourselves and our business partners to make timely, holistically considered and financially intelligent decisions…and then execute with purpose.
We provide robust tax requirements for business and technology solutions, manage partner expectations by defining Tax accountability for efficient delivery, partner with Accounting to develop efficient operations and adopt change management to evolve the tax function. We are here to embolden our brands and help them drive growth. We will do so with creativity and nimbleness, yet with a bias towards scalability. Finance Transformation is responsible for owning development and delivery of foundational platforms to enable Expedia’s global expansion.
One of Expedia’s top corporate priorities is to continue growing internationally, particularly in emerging markets. In this position, you will be at the center of driving and supporting these efforts.
This role will offer you significant cross-functional teamwork and partnership opportunities across the tax leadership team, various technology teams and broad business engagement. In this role, you will deliver roadmaps, strategy and resourcing to enable delivery.
What you'll do:
- Provide senior-level technology and product leadership to tax efforts
- Partner cross-functionally with Expedia Global Tax and business stakeholders (business, finance, legal, accounting, etc.) to analyze and drive foundational requirements and develop and communicate product solution strategies
- Develop and deliver holistic tax requirements and consult on solutions for transfer pricing, international tax and indirect tax to support global business expansion
- Collaborate across brands and technology functions to ensure standard and global solutions for our brands and customers
- Communicate up, down and sideways for project plans, milestones, requirements and RACI
- Ensure that all tax frameworks are accurately represented in Finance Transformation product requirements, which relies on close collaboration with other tax disciplines
- Ensure that post-implementation processes and controls are designed and executed in a sustainable and operationally efficient manner
- Develop scalable processes and methodologies to evaluate and support new markets that leverage existing frameworks.
- Stay connected with solution design, lead test plans and requirements for UAT and ensure that Tax requirements are included in the final delivery scope
- Advocate for Tax in cross-organizational prioritization. Ensure the Tax business case and needs are understood by our business and delivery partners
Who you are:
- 10+ years of financial systems implementation and support
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- 10+ years of project/program management
- Background and experience in finance or accounting, with a preference for tax experience
- Ability to assimilate and assess information rapidly
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects
- Strong research, analytical, organization and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, rapidly-changing, and fast-growing organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.