Staff Accountant at Ookla
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is looking for a Staff Accountant. This role will focus on account analysis and financial statement preparation primarily for Ookla and will also work with the larger finance and accounting team at Ziff Davis. This role will report to the Accounting Manager in the Ookla Seattle office. Acquired in 2014, Ookla is a stand-alone subsidiary of Ziff Davis, a global digital-media company that delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions. Ookla is the global leader in mobile and broadband network intelligence, testing applications and technology.
- Preparation of transaction entries for input into the general ledger accounting system.
- Preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and income statement account analysis.
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparing consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger accounting system, business units and departments.
- Enforcing consistent month-end cutoff as part of the general ledger closing process.
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with Company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Responding to accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting business unit and departmental financial data.
- Daily Salesforce review to ensure proper treatment of new and existing contracts.
- Fixed asset and capitalized development accounting for month end close.
- Monthly invoicing customers.
- Completing external and internal audit requests by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Protecting an organization's value by keeping financial and operational information confidential.
- B.S. in Accounting
- 2-3 years of experience in general accounting functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Experience with financial accounting systems (eg, NetSuite, Salesforce) a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with international transactions and foreign exchange a plus
- Great follow up skills, ability to take initiative and think out of the box
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop a strong relationship with internal/external customers at all levels
NICE TO HAVE
- CPA Candidate
- Exposure and experience in Sarbanes Oxley
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.