Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. These values allow us to serve our clients and build products in such a way that we’ve maintained the leading spot in a fast-growing industry over the last 10 years. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About Our Team
The Subsplash Finance team is a growing team focused on keeping the company running efficiently and effectively. We are detail-oriented, analytical number crunchers, and love improving processes (not to mention a good spreadsheet!). We rely on each other’s areas of expertise across accounting, finance, tax and data analysis. If you enjoy working with teams of positive, high-energy people who are experts in their domain, this just might be the right fit for you!
About the Role
As the Staff Accountant, you will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and collaborate with the entire Finance team to support the continued growth of Subsplash. You will be responsible for a variety of accounting and analytical tasks including financial statement consolidations, system implementations, client billings and collections, process improvements and internal control procedures. You will assist with daily general ledger accounting as well as have weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting duties to support the department and company as a whole. Additionally, you will gain valuable experience as a direct contributor to the growth of a fast-paced SaaS company.
Top 4 Outcomes in Year 1
- Maintain journal entries, reconciliations, and general ledgers while developing new accounting processes to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Understand and support accounts receivables functions and focus on driving improvements in the collections and bad debt processes to ensure quality records are maintained
- Learn and become fully proficient in the accounting and reporting functions at Subsplash
- Assist with the implementation and roll out of new systems to scale various processes across the department
- Prepare and enter month-end close related journal entries including detailed analysis to ensure that accruals and other balances are properly stated
- Manage and track balance sheet reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, etc.
- Assist with the migration and integration of accounts receivable from different entities
- Perform calculations of bad debt and assist with collection procedures
- Support accounts receivables functions by learning all procedures and assisting with revenue reporting
- Collaborate with the team to complete requests from external auditors, tax accountants and other advisors
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of monthly reporting packages provided to the Board of Directors
- Support systems migration in the planning and implementation phases
- Assist with the adoption and ongoing requirements of new accounting standards, including ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Assist with analyzing customer contracts and new product lines for proper revenue recognition
- Assist with the migration of data between accounting systems
- Provide support when needed for other daily accounting operations (tax, revenue accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable)
- Document accounting procedures and monitor internal controls
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Work on other special projects as assigned
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, public accounting experience desired
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate is a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of GAAP and other accounting principles
- Willingness to dig into the details, problem solve, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Desire to serve faith-based organizations
- Experience working in SaaS, payment processing, and/or startup environment is a plus
- Demonstrate our core values: Humility, Innovation, and a Drive for Excellence
- Based in Seattle or willingness to relocate
You are a…
- Critical Thinker: You have a knack (and drive) for distinguishing clear priorities and conclusions from ambiguous situations/data
- Puzzle Solver: You easily connect details to broader concepts, and see how things are tied together
- Clear Communicator: You can explain complex ideas to a wide variety of people
- Driver: You are naturally detail and action oriented with a superb ability to make ideas a reality
- Detail Oriented: You are highly organized and you notice how small details make a big difference
- Versatile: You adapt and thrive in a changing environment with shifting responsibilities
- Teachable: You are excited to learn new things and grow in your professional and personal skills
Generous benefits including Bonus, Stock Options, Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k, Free Smoothies and Snacks, Optional work-from-home Thursdays, Public Transportation Subsidy.
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy that decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.