Tax Manager, Domestic Indirect Tax
The Tax Manager, Indirect Tax will be responsible for the management of the various state and local U.S. indirect tax compliance obligations. The position will also require the management and mentorship of staff and may also include managing indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, and tax research and analysis projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead day to day compliance operations to include mentoring and developing team members, identifying and documenting compliance processes, and managing daily responsibilities of team to ensure compliance timeliness and accuracy
- Coordinate and review various state and local U.S. indirect sales and lodging tax returns with external service provider, utilizing technology solutions such as Alteryx, UIPath, and Tableau
- Apply your sales tax knowledge to proactively identify, review and implement changes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of Expedia’s compliance obligations
- Manage the various states’ exemption certificate management requirements
- Collaborate with other business groups to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure proper indirect tax obligations are addressed
- Preform indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, and tax research and analysis projects
- Actively engage in day to day activities to facilitate change for the better
- Work as an integral part of the tax team
Who You Are:
- Excellent researcher and problem-solver, who can analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and learn from tax data
- Base level understanding of sales and use tax rules, regulations and concepts with the ability to apply rules and concepts to the various compliance processes
- Strong communicator who knows when/how to ask questions, raise issues, and provide meaningful updates to the working team.
- You are easy to work with—flexible, engaged, and eager to do your best work as part of a broader team
- A multi-tasker, able to simultaneously work on multiple tasks while meeting strict due dates
- Self-starter who takes the initiative on project assignments, working diligently to identify issues and thoughtful questions
- Strong team player willing to assist in a variety of tax related areas
- You want to work in a dynamic work environment and have successfully done so in prior work experience
- You seek out and welcome internal and external feedback and can change your performance, deliverables, deadlines based on such feedback
- You are somebody who actively drives and/or facilitates change; you are not comfortable in the back seat
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in managing large data sets in Excel
- 3 to 6 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm, CPA license or actively working towards attainment is a plus, but not required
- You have successfully used, or have a desire to learn and use, automation tools such as UIPath, Tableau and Alteryx
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.