Tax Operations Analyst at Expedia Group
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its team as a Tax Operations Analyst.
The Tax Operations Analyst provides support for the Global Tax Team’s use of external advisors and other vendors. This role involves vendor contract coordination and processing, accrual and billing analysis, and budgeting / reporting. Additionally, the Tax Operations Analyst coordinates tax payments for management approval and assists with providing learning and education opportunities for the tax team.
The Tax Operations Analyst works with professionals within the Tax Team while establishing key relationships with other departments (Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Legal, Procurement, and Accounting).
What you’ll do
Specific responsibilities of the Tax Operations Analyst include but are not limited to the following:
Contract Coordination and Processing
- Coordinate the vendor contracting process for the Tax Team
- Facilitate contract review by other departments including Legal, Finance, Procurement, and/or Risk & Security
- Maintain an inventory of executed agreements using the Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker system and other project management tools.
Accrual and Billing Analysis
- Coordinate the monthly accrual process, working with the Tax Team, Accounting, and FP&A to ensure timely and accurate reporting of tax professional services fees for financial statement purposes.
- Compile accrual reports to facilitate management review and approval.
- Partner with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments.
Budgeting / Reporting
- Prepare and update the annual Tax Department budget based on direction from Tax Leadership.
- Participate in monthly tax department budget reviews and assist FP&A with preparations for such meetings.
- Tax Payments – Compile tax payment requests from the Global Tax Team and organize requests for management approval.
- Learning and Education – Communicate learning and education opportunities; assist with preparations for internal and external training sessions; ensure the Tax Team’s continued compliance with NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) certification.
- Adhere to Expedia’s core competencies
Who you are:
- You hold an Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline (Bachelor’s degree is a plus)
- At least three years of relevant experience within a finance department, preferably for a software company.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker (formerly known as Serengeti) would be an asset
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, etc.) preferred but not required
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment where priorities change to meet changing business conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.