Benefits & Compensation Analyst at Blue Nile
The Benefits & Compensation Analyst is responsible for administering the daily operations and compliance of our group benefits programs (medical, dental, vision, STD & LTD, Life AD&D, 401(k), etc.) as well as assisting in the administration of compensation programs. This position provides excellent customer service, maintains the highest compliance standards and is passionate about analyzing and improving existing programs and systems.
- Analyze benefits offerings, evaluating the use, services, coverage and plan experience; examining possible plan design and benefit cost changes.
- Provide timely and accurate support to employees and managers and create appropriate tools to aid in efficient decision making.
- Perform plan audits including all medical, dental, ancillary and 401k plans.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to improve employee experience, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all required reporting and notifications.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Design, distribute and deliver materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, SPDs, compensation philosophy and pay structures.
- Designs and prepares reports and graphics to provide insight into benefits and compensation costs, trends, and comparisons with similar companies.
- Assists Benefits & Compensation Manager with creating compensation targets for new or replacement positions; participates in compensation surveys; analyzes survey results; maintains compensation data points; spearheads annual merit, bonus and equity process.
- Provide internal customer support for all benefits and enrollment questions.
- Audit, reconcile and process weekly and monthly invoicing.
- Stay informed of changing benefits & compensation laws and provide recommendations on next actions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years in human resources.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, CBP, or CEBS professional designations preferred.
- 3+ years experience benefit plan administration including medical, dental and retirement programs.
- 1+ years experience in an analyst or similar capacity, managing compensation programs and systems.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs.
- Experience in analyzing benefit & compensation performance metrics
- Meticulous attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capable of balancing multiple complex projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective, and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Excel.