HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an experienced benefits manager who will manage benefits globally in the US, Canada, and Germany. As a key member of the HR team, you will report to the VP of Human Resources and will be responsible for management and administration of existing plans including management of vendor relationships and related administration, recommending and implementing changes and new plans, programs, policies, and processes. You will investigate new benefits programs, improve existing programs, and handle all benefits administration, as well as design employee benefits plans and provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
- Guide global benefits as a part of Leafly’s Total Rewards strategy, including health insurance, 401(k), equity plan, and other benefits for employees in the US, Canada, and Germany.
- Assumes primary responsibility for administration and management of company benefit plans. Performs all record keeping, bill approval, and acts as primary point of contact for employee questions. Recommends changes to maintain competitive and cost-effective benefits
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, oversee maintenance of employee files, maintain group benefits database and update employee HRIS records.
- Manage benefit open enrollment schedules and leads meetings and/or information sessions, drafts and sends employee communications, answers questions or inquiries, and transmits enrollment data to vendors or administrators.
- Maintains appropriate documentation as needed for FMLA, OSHA, EEO, ACA and other required laws/regulations/reports. Responsible for reporting and posting requirements.
- Maintain current working knowledge of federal / state legislation that impacts compensation and benefits policies.
Education and Experience
- A BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or General Business
- 8+ years of benefits management and administration
- Experience with excel; advanced capability
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs. We are an equal opportunity employer. Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description