Commission Analyst at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a Commission Analyst, you are responsible for the administration of our variable compensation programs for our Customer Success department, including Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, and Customer Success Associates. You are a highly analytical by nature with an eye for process improvement and exceptional attention to detail. You bring together commission system knowledge and an understanding of the business to provide guidance and recommendations to Sales and Finance leaders.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Administer CallidusCloud/SAP Commissions, including updating quotas and comp plans for respective teams as needed, creating and publishing reports, settling compensation disputes, and resolving issues as they arise.
- Together with another analyst & VP of Finance, manage the workflow of an external Managed Services team in continuous improvement and build-out of the commission system.
- Work closely with Sales and Finance to ensure accurate calculation, payment, accounting, and reporting of commissions for respective teams and plans.
- In partnership with People team, maintain bonus and commission data in Workday.
- Provide reporting and analysis related to commission and bonus compensation.
- Contribute to the administration of the quarterly bonus cycle by tracking, reporting, and auditing data to ensure accrurate and timely payouts.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of new and existing commission or incentive programs, plans, and policies; ensure programs are competitive with other businesses.
- Provide insights on sales and performance; evaluate and analyze trends.
- Review and monitor employee commission pay and provide recommendations to managers and People Team as appropriate; ensure that requests for pay adjustments comply with current compensation policy.
- Proactively research and apply best practices; review and recommend improvements to processes, maintaining process documentation.
- Provide additional reporting and analysis as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ year working with a commission system (e.g. Xactly, Callidus/SAP), Callidus/SAP preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of progressive experience in HR, Finance, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver excellent results.
- Resourceful and results-driven.
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to pursue ongoing professional development.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.