Compensation Manager at Leafly
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:56 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 1, 2019
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We are currently seeking a Compensation Manager to join our growing Human Resources team! The Compensation Manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company’s goals and competitive practices. You will serve as the primary consultant to the senior leadership team on significant matters relating to program capabilities and long-range objectives. You will own implementation of key initiatives that promote market competitiveness while attracting, retaining and motivating future and existing talent. Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Enable Leafly to attract and retain talent by refining/articulating our compensation philosophy, and guiding job architecture, salary structure, processes & guidelines for the evolving global business.
- Provide strategic direction in the development of competitive base and variable pay structures; job classification methodology, merit and incentive programs, and equity plans
- Annually review & refine Leafly’s variable comp and commission plans to ensure they are effective, market competitive and drive results
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on benchmark for salaries, variable pay and other rewards. Conduct internal analysis as needed
- Review proposed salary adjustments & promotions to ensure compliance with guidelines and best practices and consult with leadership on recommended actions to resolve all rewards-related issues
- Develop/deliver Total Rewards education materials for managers & employees
- Maintain current working knowledge of federal / state legislation that impacts compensation and benefits policies
- A BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or General Business
- 8+ years of compensation management, covering international markets and hi-tech job profiles
- Expert in compensation market trends, and laws
- Experience building compensation programs and structures from the ground up
- Experience working in a sales environment with a wide variety of compensation structures
- Experience with excel; advanced capability
- Experience with HCM system and Payscale strongly preferred
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description