CONTRACT - Recruiter
Job Summary: Looking for a proven recruiter who can support all disciplines within the company. This position will deliver on the recruiting strategy in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Manager will partner with HR team to identify recruiting needs, develop a recruiting plan, tools and processes. Serve as the initial point of contact for managers who are initiating a recruitment search and for candidates who are interested in the company. The recruiter will deliver creative and reliable recruitment marketing practices in order to attract qualified candidates.
- Partner with HR and the business leaders to develop and sustain an appropriate workforce plan that will determine staffing needs for short- and long-term talent.
- Manage the entire recruiting life cycle from candidate generation through direct sourcing, interviewing, checking references, salary negotiations, job file maintenance, offer extension and closing candidates.
- Experience and use of creative search methods such as niche/industry web sites, social networking, and LinkedIn to identify qualified candidates.
- Proven experience and ability to headhunt passive and semi-passive candidates.
- Act as liaison with employment agencies when necessary. Maintain contact with various sources to meet headcount needs (job fairs, employment agencies, social media).
- Develop and implement other creative recruiting strategies for attracting candidates on a proactive basis.
- Responsible for the candidate experience from initial contact to hire and finally to their start date.
- Understand the business technology, product and culture in order to sell the company to prospective candidates.
- 5+ years of Corporate Recruiting experience is required.
- Overall functional recruiting experience is required: Operations, Finance, Technology, Technical support, Sales Tax Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and HR.
- Demonstrated business acumen in understanding client needs and applying appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Excellent organizational skills, project management skills and communication skills
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.