About the Role:
PitchBook strives to create an environment where employees can feel like they belong and are valued, and work in an environment that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences. We are hiring for a Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This role is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the VP of People.
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will provide leadership in partnership with the PitchBook Executive Team to grow and manage PitchBook's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) mission which includes strategic planning, design and execution of mission deliverables, communication of key DEI activities, and reporting on progress and metrics. As part of our commitment to DEI, PitchBook is working with an external consulting and research firm in the DEI space to guide us as we build our multi-year DEI plan.
The People Team supports the entire employee journey from attracting candidates to retaining and developing our employees. We work to foster a culture of collaboration, growth and inclusion by developing and executing employee centric programs that are as impactful as they are fun. Our goal is to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing ours with a passion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Further our DEI strategy by developing and implementing DEI initiatives that attract, retain and promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce that aligns DEI goals with business outcomes
- Provide thought leadership and consultancy to leaders to drive key DEI outcomes and ensure understanding, action and accountability
- Be a strong voice for DEI internally by communicating effectively and regularly via written company updates, presentations, one-on-one interactions and company-wide meetings. Be bold enough to question the status quo and disrupt biases while at the same time, wise enough to know how much change the organization can absorb at a given time
- Create alignment between PitchBook values and DEI beliefs to ensure our systems, processes and practices positively enhance the employee experience
- Establish KPIs and accountability mechanisms to keep the organization focused on DEI goals while translating data and recommendations into concrete actions
- Partner with other PitchBook teams and leaders advising them to apply a DEI lens to learning and development, recruitment, employee engagement, communication, employment brand, data tracking, and reporting initiatives
- Continue to grow our Employee Resource Group strategy and provide leadership and support to empower and strengthen our internal communities
- Serve as the connection point to Morningstar, our parent company, EI programs to share ideas, leverage programming and implement best practices
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding and experience in U.S. HR practices, change management and/or demonstrated understanding and application of current concepts related to diversity, equity and inclusion. Additional experience in these areas in Europe is a bonus
- Demonstrated ability in developing multiple programs and initiatives that have furthered a DEI framework resulting in positive and impactful change in an organization
- Working knowledge of employee resource groups and/or other proven methods of employee engagement around matters of DEI.
- Ability to manage and report on metrics and analyze data to make metrics-driven decisions and set data-driven goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the ability and desire to effectively present information and answer questions one-on-one and in company meetings of over 1,000 employees
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong execution skills, with the ability to manage teams (indirectly) and budgets
- Experience engaging and guiding an executive leadership team
- Penchant to challenge mindsets and inspire new points of view while being mindful of cultural differences
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to inﬂuence change and positive behaviors across the organization and at all levels
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.