Director, Human Resources Business Partners
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
You thrive in ambiguous, quickly evolving environments. You like to build both processes and teams. You like trying new things and seeing what works. You like knowing that your efforts help others to do their best work, and to grow and develop. You have a vision for the future, but it doesn’t stop you from executing in the present. And you’re excited by the intensity, chaos, and personal growth involved with working at a hypergrowth startup.
You will have ownership of:
- Designing and building the HR Business Partner team as well as evolving the core HR practices at Convoy.
- Designing and executing core HR processes: recognition and rewards, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, employee relations, and people programs.
- Assess organizational needs and drive solutions in performance management, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, career and leadership development.
- Partner with leadership and managers to identify opportunities for improvement both within and across teams.
- Coach managers across various departments to handle employee issues in a way that is in line with our core values.
- Oversee investigations for all allegations of harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment, as well as those representing significant risk to the company.
- Offering thought leadership regarding organizational and HR-related strategy and execution.
- Develop cultural initiatives to help Convoy be the best place to work!
You have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years of HR experience in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain world class HR talent.
- Experience building core HR processes from the ground up.
- An established record of operational excellence.
- Experience working across multiple sites.
- An established record of building and cultivating a diverse and inclusive work culture.
- Demonstrated analytical and data skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description