Director, Human Resources Operations
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
As the Director, Human Resources Operations, you will be a key member of the People team and responsible for all aspects of compensation, benefits, total rewards, and all people-related systems activities at Convoy.
You will have ownership of:
- Build and lead, coach, mentor, and manage a highly effective team
- Design, implement, and manage compensation and benefits, compensation philosophy including job architecture, and related programs, policies, and initiatives
- Develop career ladders for each functional area within Convoy
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expertise on the design, development, and administration of compensation programs, salary structures, base salary adjustments, as well as short term and long term incentives
- Oversee the annual benefits evaluation and open enrollment processLead the selection, implementation, and management of people-related tools and systems (including an HRIS)
- Administer employee onboarding, offboarding, and related systems and data
- Oversee the immigration function and partner with outside immigration counsel to process visas and green card applications
You have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 10+ years of Benefits, Compensation, and People Operations experience, preferably within a startup environment
- Experience building people programs and teams from the ground up
- Experience driving an HRIS implementation
- Strong project management, planning, and execution skills, including a desire to roll up sleeves to prioritize work, execute plans and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to juggle multiple priorities under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing compensation and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA or advanced certification (SHRM-CP, CCP, CBP, CEP or SPHR) preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description