Director, Human Resources at Blue Nile
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join its team. This individual will provide essential leadership regarding all aspects of Human Resources both within the Human Resource team and across the company. The role serves as a key member of the Blue Nile Executive team and reports to the CHRO. Together with the CHRO, the HR leader will own the company culture and drive positive cultural change throughout the business.
The company employs over 400 people across multiple locations in Seattle and Dublin, Ireland. Our employees include retail and engineering professionals, as well as highly skilled customer service agents, jewelers, and order fulfillment specialists.
- Lead all core aspects of Human Resources and build and grow the Human Resource team and capabilities. This person will manage the following areas within Human Resources: recruiting, benefits/wellness programs, compensation/rewards, training and development, and employee relations.
- Act as the champion of the culture across the company, identify necessary changes to the culture and drive improvements. The Director of Human Resources will ensure the culture is aligned with the business goals and objectives and work closely with the CHRO on culture change and development.
- Own the evolution of the employer brand and ensure it is strong and effective in attracting and retaining talent to the company.
- Enhance management and leadership capacity, by serving as an internal management and executive coach.
- Enhance organizational capacity through the development of training, mentoring and other programs focused on professional growth. Lead the performance management process, ensuring it is robust and effective.
- Oversee and lead all aspects of benefits and compensation. Ensure Blue Nile is competitive in the marketplace and has essential benefits, compensation and rewards programs in place. Will actively participate in the Board Compensation Committee meetings.
- Own internal communication and serve as the communication hub for company-wide communications. Partner with the CEO, executive team and other managers to ensure communication is effective and employee communication needs are met.
- Manage employment-related legal risks by ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local guidelines.
- Lead the Human Resource planning process and prepare and manage the annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required, SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of comprehensive experience with a full range of human resource functions, a minimum of 4 years as the top Human Resource leader.
- Must be able to express issues and recommendations clearly and concisely, must be an effective and engaging presenter. Must be viewed as an expert communicator internally.
- Must be comfortable with debate amongst peers and engaging in productive conflict.
- Must be a collaborator, influencer, mentor and perceived as a thought leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills. Must have an accessible and inclusive style and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions while demonstrating good judgment and uncompromising integrity.
- Must be able to juggle both strategic and tactical/operational demands and shift their focus as needed.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Work, and Excel).
- Experience leading human resources in a high growth environment is preferred.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount