Director, Learning and Development at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:30 p.m. (PST) on Friday, November 8, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You’re a passionate and experienced learning and development leader who will play a critical role in the creation, implementation, and assessment of company-wide talent development programs, campaigns and events. In this role, you will help develop, drive, and execute on Learning & Development strategies while ensuring all programs are closely aligned with company goals. You will work closely with Convoy executives and partner with employees across multiple departments to help our employees excel while growing connected to Convoy’s mission, vision, values and to one another. You are a team player with innovative approaches around culture and development that will retain and support our employees.
You will take ownership of:
- Establishing a learning strategy and deliver an extraordinary learning experience for all employees. We are looking for a strategic learning leader with a desire to build and grow a scalable learning organization.
- Designing solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning.
- Applying a data-driven approach to continuously improving learning and development offerings.
- Ensuring consistency across the departments as new training programs and operational standards are rolled out.
- Partnering with business leaders and key stakeholders to identify long and short-term plans to evaluate, improving and enhancing the L&D content development process as we grow and scale the business.
- Implementing quality review standards, processes, and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of L&D programs.
- Be an internal teacher and advocate. Provide counsel to leadership teams to promote frequent, transparent learning and growth.
- Designing and delivering executive development programs and comprehensive evaluation strategies that increase leadership effectiveness.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years building, leading, and delivering scalable and innovative Learning & Development strategies and programs in a fast-paced, scrappy environment.
- Track record of developing and leading training efforts with direct experience in program facilitation and instructional design.
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence employees at all levels of the organization and across functional lines.
- Experience creating a metrics and data-driven framework for assessing, measuring and tracking L&D programming success.
- Experience hiring, managing, developing and leading growing teams.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment. Experience working closely with executive leadership.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to align partners and define clear goals and progress.
- Experience planning and executing learning and development programs at a large scale across multiple offices.
- Leadership coaching experience a plus.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!