Director, Talent Management at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The People team is driven to make Convoy the destination for top talent to learn, grow their career and do their best work. Come join our team and help us develop our holistic talent strategy! We are a tight-knit team supporting the company on key initiatives tied to Onboarding, Manager Development, Talent Development, and more! We love to collaborate with one another and support each other in our work.
If you enjoy building from the ground up, fostering stakeholder relationships, and designing high-impact, yet simple, talent processes this is the role for you. In this role, you’ll own the strategy and execution of key talent processes such as, performance management, talent planning, succession planning, and career development. You will set the stage for the future of our employee experience and how we develop managers, teams and employees to be successful within the increasing complexity of our business. The ideal candidate will have cutting edge talent management expertise and an aptitude for deeply understanding their customer. In addition to working with our leadership team and HR partners, the role will touch every single Convoy employee through scalable and employee-friendly talent touchpoints throughout their Convoy journey. This high-visibility, high-value work will have a clear and lasting impact on Convoy’s future and business success.
- Develop a holistic Talent Management Strategy for Convoy (inclusive of feedback, career development, promos, reviews, ratings and the technology to support this)
- Drive continuous evolution of our performance management strategy to drive business impact and provide ongoing development to our employees
- Create an agile approach to succession planning for key roles across the organization
- Partner with our Compensation and HRBP team to ensure alignment between talent management and comp practices
- Develop leveling-guide best practices to serve as an input to annual review and promotion decisions
- Own our promotion process - including doc structure, feedback standards, and decision criteria (working with Leads and HR) in support of driving fair, equitable and inclusive practices.
- Develop the ongoing feedback strategy for Convoy and project manage the development of supplemental tools, training, and resources to support this strategy
- Create career development tools for managers and employees to use “just-in-time” including career development conversation templates for managers to talk with their employees about at least 1x per quarter
- Launch employee and manager self-assessments in order to target development needs (i.e. Manager Capability Assessment, Values Assessment)
- Partner with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to embed inclusion into all our people practices
We're looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of Talent Management, HR, and/or Organizational Development experience
- 5+ years of Management experience
- Experience building talent strategy and talent programs from the ground up
- A passion for talent development and staying up on the latest research in the field
- Strong communication skills and project management skills
Nice to haves:
- I/O Psychology or Talent Assessment Experience
- HRBP Experience
- Facilitation Experience
- Coaching Experience
- Workday Experience (or equivalent Talent Management Software)
- Experience working at a mid-sized company to grow their talent management function
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!