Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
At Accolade we know that our employees are our competitive advantage and the attraction of the right people is critical to our continued success. The Director Talent Acquisition, reporting to the VP of Talent & Development, plays a critical role in this effort and is responsible for establishing and executing talent acquisition programs to strengthen Accolade’s capabilities in attracting, assessing and selecting the right talent to meet current and future business needs.
The ideal candidate will be a master in the art and science of recruiting, support rapid and significant growth over the next few years while leading a team of Talent Acquisition partners and coordinators to deliver enterprise hiring goals. The Director Talent Acquisition serves as a member of the Talent & Development leadership team providing thought leadership to guarantee alignment of Accolade’s Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning and Development strategies to support a consistent candidate and employee experience and intuitively understands the “red thread” across all of these area.
A day in the life…
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership to identify and implement recruitment strategies and solutions that address our talent needs and contribute to the long-range growth of Accolade’s talent pipeline;
- Lead and develop the Talent Acquisition team by establishing performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, ensuring proper staffing levels as well as lead by personal examples and accountability
- Build a team that remains on the leading edge, is scalable, culturally consistent, and forward-thinking: foster the sharing of best practices and lessons learned to the benefit of current and future work
- Direct and provide expert opinion in all recruiting initiatives including integration of assessment tools, employee referral program, relocation, interview skills training, etc. and implement streamlined business practices where appropriate
- Develop and implement workforce plans, partnering with Finance to refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish reporting on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness and provide data-driven, actionable insights and recommendations for continuous improvements
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team is optimizing the use of existing process and tools while improving standard processes for recruiting that align with Accolade’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to customers
- Build credibility as a trusted advisor and strong partner within People & Culture, Finance Business Partners, hiring managers and business leaders
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team consistently delivers a best in class candidate experience
- Ensure accuracy in company reporting tools (e.g. open positions and active candidate slate)
- Work collaboratively across the People & Culture team to ensure diverstiy and employee brand initiatives are aligned with our employee experiences strategy and expectations
- Stay abreast of latest talent acquisition trends, technologies and methodologies and proactively introduce those to the team and organization
- Partner across the organization with Talent Management to foster internal movement and ensure key talent is considered for critical positions
- Select and effectively manage external recruiting agency relations for both full time and temporary staffing
- Manage relationship with ATS (SmartRecruiter) provider ensuring ROI is achieved
- Manage and help determine the Talent Acquisition budget
What we are looking for…
- 10 years of Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, or related experience; minimum of 5 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in managing and recruiting for both high volume seasonal hiring and niche roles in a fast-growth company.
- An obsession for providing an unparalled candidate and hiring manager experience that reinforces the organization’s culture
- Applicant Tracking System experience required. SmartRecruiters experience a plus
- Results Oriented: high energy, positive attitude, and drive to get things done
- Collaboration: relates well with others, able to build strong relationships with stakeholders and leverages insights to guide critical business decisions, keep others informed of what is going on and asks for input
- Flexible and resilient: : Able and willing to roll up one’s sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks, able to adapt well to new situations and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what you have done before
- Decision Making: Excellent decision making abilities and ability to integrate information and utilize independent, sound judgment. Thinks through all aspects of a problem clearly and logically with a focus on solutions.
- Challenges the Status Quo: Stays current on trends and research and continually seeks new opportunities to apply different approaches to attract and hire the right people.
- Analytical: Ability to generate and analyze accurate metrics, hard and soft data that regularly informs the work, and report to leadership. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Process driven: drives exceptional internal process execution and continuously enhances and evolves talent processes to meet the needs of our talent pipeline and provide exceptional candidate, leader and employee experiences
- Business savvy: Learns the core elements of the business, how the organization works, functional and position specifics to ensure effectiveness across the enterprise and applies that to the Talent Acquisition team
- Technology proficiency: Social media savvy and experience in using multiple recruiting strategies and sources including advanced use of social networking sites, for passive and active candidate recruitment
- +/- 25% Travel required
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.