HR Business Partner
Your Superpowers in Action
- Successfully coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations and serve as primary point of contact for managers on determining resolution for a wide range of people-related issues;
- Partner with internal business partners on resource planning, including helping to design jobs and write job descriptions for both full time and temporary staff; May manage relationships with external agencies for roles that fall into assigned partner groups; Will work with recruiting to ensure that roles move through the hiring process as quickly as possible;
- Counsel leadership regarding work-related issues and facilitate meetings to mediate and resolve problems;
- Work with HR leadership to create and implement new policies and HR process;
- Enhance the HR portion of the employee onboarding program in partnership with the People team to ensure the successful integration of new hires;
- Conduct exit interviews and manage the separation process following up with action items in relation to separation reasons;
- Conduct investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results;
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, CFRA, PDL and other federal and state employment laws;
- May assist with training internally on HR process/systems and may additionally assist assigned partners with staff training resources;
- Act as liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations;
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned which may include cross-team initiatives across all U.S. locations.
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility in HR roles including demonstrated competence in employee relations, coaching, performance management, HR compliance, HR data analysis, HR tools, and employee communications;
- 3+ years serving in an HR Business Partner function, preferably in a consumer goods organization or in the high-tech industry;
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Superior knowledge of US employment law including state specific law in WA and CA;
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions, translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs;
- Ability to operate independently, using sound judgement to make decisions;
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
What Funko OffersFunko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and a 401(K) plan with matching contributions from the company. Most importantly, we offer a creative work environment with people who love pop culture just as much as you do. Can’t wait to gush about your latest binge? Neither can we! Looking for a place where your favorite pop culture t-shirt will receive the compliments it deserves? We know how you feel! Funko is an equal opportunity employer. We know that every superhero has a unique origin story and the diversity of these stories enrich what we do. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.