HR Generalist II
At Remitly, our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. Today we help immigrant communities around the world send over $8 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We believe our vision, mission, cultural values and customer-centric people are strategic differentiators for our business. These are not just words; we work hard to embed this philosophy into every aspect of our work. We are looking for a smart, highly engaged, professional HR Generalist who is keen to use their program management and EQ skills to help our people globally thrive and become masters of our culture. This role reports directly to our HR VP.
What you’ll do:
- Create effective systems and business processes to proactively help our employees understand and best use benefits, programs and services throughout their lifecycle with Remitly.
- Develop effective self-service and helpful in-person resources so our highly technical global workforce can get their common questions answered
- Onboarding – champion and execute a highly effective new hire on-boarding process insuring that the first 90days at Remitly gets employees off to a great start, understanding our customers, the business, our values and their roles. This includes:
- Coordinate new hire and functional on-boarding sessions
- Confirm completion of background checks
- Add new employees into HRIS
- Complete I-9s and managing documentation
- Run the E-Verify process
- Help facilitate portions of the new hire onboarding session
- Become an expert in our HRIS and lead us to take advantage of automation and reporting to simplify our repetitive tasks, so you, and the HR team, can be continually improving broader program.
- Create a process to effectively liaise with all departments on employment-related changes.
- Stay current on state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and employment, and suggest necessary updates to the employee handbook and HR policies.
- Complete employment verifications and unemployment filings
- Support and take leadership of various HR projects and initiatives (Performance Reviews, 360 feedback, engagement surveys, open enrollment, process improvement, HRIS maintenance, etc.)
- Offboarding – initiate offboarding process in our HRIS system, complete termination checklist, compile exit acknowledgement and send out exit survey. Track and analyze trends impacting employee engagement and escalate feedback as appropriate to departments.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of local and federal employment laws
- Understanding of US benefit programs, global experience a plus
- You have excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and a high regard for confidentiality
- You value providing outstanding internal customer support and have the ability to establish credibility and trust with business leaders and employees alike
- You have a knack for working cross-functionally and interfacing with IT, Recruiting, Payroll, and Management
- You have meticulous attention to detail with a track record of accuracy
- You find checklists delightful, and leave no box unchecked
- You thrive on putting all the pieces together, communicating and working with all stakeholders involved
- You see roadblocks and take the initiative to solve them.
- You think creatively and strategically, identifying opportunities for improvement
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- You have a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and learning
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Slides) and MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience using HRIS systems (Implementation of new systems a plus)
- Strong inclination to leverage data to create insight for influence and impact
- Ability to use and master various SaaS tools (familiarity with Slack is a plus)
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer