Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About You: You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as a member of the growing people team. As a part of the people team, you'll support our employees through many different parts of the employee life cycle and will bring the enthusiasm necessary to get the job done!
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR inquiries from employees, triaging internally and with external vendors as needed.
- Perform a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of confidential employee records, reports, and files.
- Support background checks, employment verifications, verifications and maintenance of immigration documents, I-9 verification and maintenance, and Department of Labor compliance documents.
- Assist with new-employee orientations and onboarding processes.
- Assist employees and leadership teams with basic interpretation and execution of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the Benefits team with leave of absence, return to work and ADA accommodation requests.
- Own and update internal communication of HR policy and process information via Convoy’s intranet.
- Process required employee documents through payroll and insurance providers.
We’re looking for someone who has
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service or operational role within an HR function (or working closely with the HR function), ideally in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Top notch customer service skills when answering employee requests and questions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with all employee records and information.
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You index high on personal resilience and don't get flustered by change or undefined problems.
- Experience thinking critically, working independently, and solving problems.
- Accurate record-keeping and proper documentation skills. Attention to detail is key!
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to your work - identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes.
Nice to haves
- 1+ years of experience as an HR Coordinator or HR Assistant
- Experience with Workday and Google Suite a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!