Learning and Development Specialist (Bellevue) at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, experienced learning and development specialist to join the Customer Support Training Team and take our training to the next level. L&D Specialists are responsible for designing and developing training programs that support our outsourced Partner Trainers. This includes delivering Train-the-Trainer programs virtually or on site. L&D Specialists become product experts on one or more internal lines of business and are on the look out for how we can maintain our business goals where learning is a viable solution. A successful candidate thrives in a constantly changing environment, has a passion for OfferUp, its company culture and is obsessed with customer service.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Design and develop content according to a systematic instructional design methodology
- Deliver impactful Train-the-Trainers to our Partner Trainers
- Maintain status of ‘content expert’ for given domain of expertise
- Ensure Partner Trainer success by providing coaching and feedback about training
- Provide training and feedback to CS Team Leads and Quality Coaches on trainee engagement and performance
- Utilize analytics to determine training effectiveness and make adjustments to drive successful outcomes
- Develop and maintain job aids, quizzes and final learner assessments
- Own the ongoing evaluation and maintenance of specified CS Training Programs by continually assessing Quality Assurance, and effectiveness and proactively finding solutions
- Maintain up to date, functional knowledge of OfferUp product, as well as CS tools, systems, and workflows
- Contribute as a team player to shared content, improved processes and evolving ways of making training more effective
- Deliver courses to internal audiences as needed and in and out of the classroom, fostering a positive learning environment
- Consult as a learning expert to other parts of the business as needed
- Maintain the position of a role model within the company, as the face of OfferUp to trainees in the classroom, and to the wider OfferUp team.
- Provide direct, specific feedback to help improve learning practices while remaining positive and encouraging. Consistently assume positive intent, in order to both give and receive actionable feedback
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- A background in designing and developing content according to a systematic instructional design methodology
- Delivered impactful Train-the-Trainers to our Partner Trainers
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Use clear, professional written communication for training documents and facilitator guides, as well as general communication involved in team work
- 2+ years of training and instructional design experience preferred
- Proven classroom management experience and in interest in adult learning theory with a passion for learning, adult education and a growth mindset
- Experience in a Customer Service Operations environment a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (up to 10% per year)
Helpful, but not required:
- Able to collaborate with teammates in-person and remotely, across many departments and levels, all working together toward common goals
- Able to work independently, using strong time management and organizational skills to effectively manage a large and ever-changing workload and business needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite (including Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Nice to have: experience or passion for an LMS and/or training creation tool, such as Lessonly
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.