People Development Lead
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a three-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
The People Development Lead, implements and manages learning and development programs on behalf of the People team within PitchBook, driving programs from conception to creation to on-going maintenance and continuous improvement. The People Development Lead applies his/her expertise in adult learning to ensure effective, efficient capability building that targets critical skills and behaviors that drive success and meets business needs while integrating the PitchBook Company culture throughout. Primary areas of focus are skill development, learning support for all employees, and eLearning development.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers performance and development programs to support PitchBook’s values, growth initiatives, and reinforce role competencies.
- Works with the curriculum design team to develop blended, classroom-based, virtual facilitation, and eLearning programs. May be called on to develop training materials as needed.
- Facilitates training including instruction, feedback, development plans, and coaching.
Project and Program Management:
- Develops collaborative relationships with HR Partners, key business leaders, subject matter experts and other Employee Development team members to identify performance improvement opportunities, to close knowledge or performance gaps, and to gather source content for learning curriculum.
- Works cross-functionally to develop performance and development solutions that improve business results through increased retention, improved engagement, and developing high-performing employees.
- Assists employees and managers in assessing their performance and learning and development needs; recommending solutions, arranging for training sessions or developing customized training and team development sessions as needed; following-up to assess the effectiveness of the recommended programs.
- Applies decision making skills, creativity, and expertise in learning theory to the co-development and implementation efforts that support PitchBook’s People Development strategy.
- Works closely with the HR Partners to support various organizational effectiveness programs and organizational change initiatives.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of professional experience in the learning and development field or other relevant experience
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties require periodically working outside normal working hours (evenings, early mornings)
- Successfully designs, develops and manages complex programs
- Creates innovative and effective learning content
- Talented facilitator/trainer
- Able to create an engaging and effective learning environment, both in-person and in live virtual training environments
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a proactive approach to resolving problems and issues
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete work with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Brings a consultative and customer service mentality to the work
- Works well independently and as part of teams
- Eager to learn, grow, and build skills, while working in a fast-paced environment
- A plus if already certified in Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability and/or Insights Discovery
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.