Founded in October 2015, with headquarters in Seattle, FlyHomes is a real estate and fintech company focused on making home buying seamless, transparent, and fun. Since the launch, FlyHomes has continued to rapidly scale its team, focusing on helping buyers across Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and new emerging marketplaces to purchase more than $300M in homes annually.
About the job:
The People & Talent Generalist will have a unique opportunity to serve existing employees and new employees throughout their career at FlyHomes. Reporting to the VP of People & Recruiting, and partnering with our Recruiter, this role will have a broad impact across all departments and teams. The role will be performing a variety of human resource functions and supporting our recruiting efforts through rapid growth. This role will be the main point of contact for employees in our Headquarters in Seattle, as well as for remote and international employees. A strong “people-first” mentality is required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage with the founders, leadership and employees to find solutions to issues and coach people to be their best in our fast-paced startup environment.
- Help create and drive programs that promote our strong focus on work culture & environment.
- Working with the VP of People, design & launch people programs that will help the company to continue to scale and grow over the next few years.
- Supporting Leadership to coach and resolve complicated employee relations issues.
- Partner with the business to manage the performance review programs, compensation policies, headcount & workspace planning, and employee development programs.
- Help with tactical items like managing accommodation, personal updates, payroll & benefit related items, and leave of absence requests.
- Manage HRIS, and possible transitioning to more robust people platforms.
- Develop and implement people policies that align with the company culture and promote the best work environment possible.
- Support recruitment with on-site and remote talent efforts.
- Be a brand ambassador by attend community events that help to drive quality candidates our way
- Drive recruiting activities to help our team continue to grow.
- Participate in onboarding activities to ensure that all new hires have an amazing start to their career at FlyHomes.
- Manage workspace planning and coordination
- 3-5 years of work experience as an HR Generalist, or HRBP (start-up experience preferred)
- No real estate experience needed!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Experience with employee benefits (open enrollment, general questions, COBRA, brokers, etc.)
- Ability to produce policies and procedures that work across an operations & tech org
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Impeccable ethics and ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to respectfully push back or make suggestions of improvement to company leadership
- Patience, and a can-do, “I got this” mentality even in stressful encounters
- Experience with and an ability to be flexible working with an international team (different time zones in US as well)
- Experience in processing work-related visa applications/documents (F1/K1/H1/Prevailing Wage)
- Payroll processing experience
- Competitive salary- In this role you will not need to stress over number of files, or lead aspects
- 401(k) plus company match
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance packages to fit your needs (Full-time employees)
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
FlyHomes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
FlyHomes, Inc. also participates in E-Verify. Upon hire, FlyHomes, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S