- Source qualified candidates for hiring managers (clients) from C level to Jr level, across all company departments. This is the most crucial responsibility for this role, filling positions is what it's all about!
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
- Coach hiring managers on how to be more effective in their techniques
- Lead debrief/recap discussions which result after the interview has taken place, and help the interview team reach the best final hiring decision
- Educate candidates about Rover’s mission and values and get them excited about what we do; you need to be as passionate as we are about our story so you can tell it to candidates and get them excited
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Rover’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Help us improve our hiring processes by participating in assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- 5+ years of corporate and/or search firm full life cycle recruiting experience, including sourcing
- 2+ years of experience recruiting internally at a software company or sourcing for a software company as a client (if experience was attained in an agency)
- 2+ years recruiting for roles like Directors, Software Engineers, Marketers and Product Managers
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools
- Strong communication, organizational and closing skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Must be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to "profile people and understand their motivation" rather than sell a role
- The ability to gain a great understanding of Rover’s mission and values and be able to portray Rover's story to candidates with great passion and excitement
- Experience leading or managing recruiting teams
- Experience with both software start-ups and large but very fast paced software companies like Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn etc
- Experience supporting C-level clients
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year