Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Onboarding is one of the most important business priorities for Convoy and it will play a pivotal role in Convoy’s success as it scales 2021 and beyond. With a thoughtfully crafted onboarding program, new hires at Convoy will feel a sense of belonging. New Sellers will be enabled and motivated to learn, engage, and produce results more quickly. We want our new hires to feel excited about their future at the company and you will be responsible for that. We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial leader who will develop a best-in-class onboarding experience that far exceeds the offerings of our freight counterparts.
- Design a holistic onboarding strategy for Shipper Sales and Account Management teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, VP of Sales and VP of Account Management along with their teams in the planning process.
- Develop ‘in-person’, virtual, manager-facing and on-demand resources so all new hires have ability to engage via multiple channels.
- Craft an onboarding strategy that accounts for remote hires and is scalable as the organization grows.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop relevant, and useful content for all learning modules.
- Be a strong facilitator (virtual and in-person) and be a key resource for new hires as they’re ramping.
- Audit content on a quarterly basis to ensure training content is relevant and changing with the pace of the business.
- Manage all content through a newly selected software system and leverage the reporting capabilities to report quarterly progress.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the company and work together to weave in cross-departmental initiatives to the demand onboarding and ongoing training plan i.e- marketing etc.
- Have a passion for culture and employee engagement and use those as anchors while building out onboarding and continued learning.
- Create cultural collateral such as videos, guides, and training materials, and contests.
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to ensure managers are prepared to onboard new hires and have everything they need for a smooth transition, confirming their decision to join the Demand organization at Convoy.
- Build a onboarding roadmap that allows new hires to achieve business impact quickly and reduce the time it takes to produce results.
- Develop a certification process that marks completion of the onboarding along with other curriculum specific accomplishments.
- Create a clear role for the management team as they onboard new hires onto their team. New hires are on average going to feel nearly 4 times more likely to feel onboarding was successful when their manager is involved. Source: Gallup.
- Have ongoing check-in with the manager to ensure the new employee is on ramping on pace, and work with them to course correct if not.
- Have monthly check-in with VP to report results of new hires, escalate any concerns or red flags.
- Send out a quarterly report to demand demonstrating time to ramp, number of new hires, NPS of the onboarding program, and other key results.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A proven track record of developing and implementing training programs.
- 8+ years of experience working experience in instructional design, training content generation, and documentation.
- Clear examples of improving sales productivity metrics by reducing onboarding ramp time for new sales executives.
- Solid knowledge of at least one learning management system or something similar.
- Professional experience using Google Suite to develop content: Google Slides, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Great written communication skills that are geared towards sales organization.
- High attention to detail and ability to stay extremely organized.
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard.
- Past experience in Sales industry.
- BS degree in instructional design, educational, or similar.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!