About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website allow a global community of more than 10 million people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and discovery. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
Geocaching HQ is seeking a talented Sourcer & Recruiting Coordinator to add to our small-but-mighty HR team!
In this position, you will support Geocaching HQ’s recruiting efforts through candidate sourcing and interview coordination. Your day-to-day will consist of sourcing passive candidates, managing our active candidate pipeline, and scheduling/coordinating steps of the interview process (phone screens, on-site interviews, etc.) with hiring managers and interview teams.
As the first contact most candidates have with Geocaching HQ, you will be critical in communicating Geocaching HQ’s values of passion, authenticity and effectiveness and our vision of being the best place any of our employees have ever worked. You will thrive in this role if you love connecting with new people and are a detail and scheduling wizard.
This is a part-time role, estimated at 20 hours per week Monday through Friday. This role also has the opportunity to work remotely with some days on-site.
What you’ll do:
- Source candidates from a variety of fields such as Engineering, Product, Marketing, etc.
- Master our Applicant Tracking System (Google Hire) to coordinate candidates & teams in scheduling phone screens, onsite interviews, and any other steps in the interview process.
- Collaborate with and give frequent updates to the HR team to make sure candidates and hiring managers are always up-to-date on the process.
- Strategize creative ways to build talent pipelines.
- Maintain our Applicant Tracking System to ensure all candidate and open position information is accurate and updated; making recommendations for enhancements as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure a great candidate experience.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of Geocaching, our community, and our products to help serve the recruiting function.
- Support the overall administration of the Geocaching HQ recruiting program, adapting to new projects and tasks as needed.
- 1+ years experience sourcing for diverse roles (technical and non-technical)
- 1+ years experience in recruiting coordination
- Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (experience with Google Hire a plus!)
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, Boolean searches, and other sourcing platforms
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and schedules
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively support multiple teams
- Famous for being a great listener
- Stunning verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Google Suite (calendar, sheets, docs, Gmail)
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws as they relate to hiring and recruiting practices including EEOC, OFCCP, ADA, and related compliance areas
- Exemplifies our values (effectiveness, authenticity, passion) in actions and behaviors
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations
- Self-starting, self-directed, and open to coaching/feedback
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to the execution of job duties
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our company core values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.