Sr Mgr, Benefits at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
We are looking for a Sr Mgr, Benefits to drive the strategy and manage the execution of our Health and Welfare Programs designed to attract and retain top talent, while achieving our budget objectives. This role will lead the implementation, integration, and ongoing execution of our benefits programs including vendor partner and stakeholder management, development and delivery of effective communication plans, and leadership of our Benefits Specialist and Accolade for Accolade Team. In collaboration with a Benefits Specialist, this person will also oversee the day-to-day support of employee benefits questions and leave of absence management.
What you will be doing:
- Effectively manages the implementation, integration, and execution of employee health and welfare benefit programs to ensure accuracy in benefits delivery, strong plan performance, regulatory compliance and cost containment.
- Manages relationships with Benefits Brokers and Vendor Partners to ensure accuracy in benefits delivery and strong plan performance, including resolution of claims and administrative issues.
- Creates well defined metrics to monitor and measure the success of the benefit programs. As needed, defines and executes campaigns to promote awareness and engagement with our benefit programs.
- With an eye towards building a best-in-class benefits program, consistently evaluates and compares existing benefit programs with industry trends and competitors. Closely collaborates with our Trusted Partner, Finance, and Legal teams to identify and present key findings to our executive stakeholders for future enhancements and changes to our benefits program. Supports decision making through thorough analysis of benefit options and modeling cost.
- Leads our Accolade for Accolade (A4A) team to effectively deliver the Accolade service - personalized advocacy combining compassion, expertise and technology - to help our employees and their families make better healthcare decisions. Provides day-to-day coaching and support of the A4A Health Assistant and Nurse and as needed serves as a back-up Health Assistant.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and support to Benefits Specialist to enable them to deliver on their responsibilities, as well as understand and support our future benefits strategy.
- Leads all benefits administration efforts through Workday, including defining, managing and analyzing all benefit plans and eligibility rules, as well as leave of absence business processes.
- Leads the development and maintenance of an effective annual open enrollment, including: coordinating resources for the delivery of benefit enrollment; developing effective communications to maximize employee understanding of benefit programs and the system enrollment process (including the design and delivery of open enrollment presentations at various employee sites).
- Supports M&A due diligence and integration
- Manages all benefits related compliance activity (i.e. ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA) including the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of compliance related matters; meeting or exceeding all regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Prepares, reviews and obtains necessary documentation for qualified plans, with legal consultation; IRS and ERISA mandated submissions and employee communications, including Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs), and insurance policies.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- This isn’t your first time at the rodeo: You have deep knowledge of laws, regulations, and government policy as they relate to health and welfare. You have a strong understanding of benefits policies, procedures and practices including ERISA, IRS, Department of Labor and other employment law implications for benefit programs. You have a successful track record with vendor partner management.
- You’re an outside-the-box thinker – You thrive off of trying new things and constantly look for new and improved benefits, programs, and practices to enhance the Benefits component of our Total Rewards strategy.
- You’re compassionate and connected to our mission: You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, members, and customers and creating value for them.
- You collaborate: You’re the consummate team player, able to build strong relationships across the business and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results.
- You’re flexible: You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- You’re a multi-tasking machine: You’ve demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization skills.
- You’re a self-starter: You take initiative and are comfortable being empowered to work independently. When you need help, you’re not shy to ask. You proactively identify process inefficiencies and cost reductions to promote and support a continuous improvement philosophy and service culture.
- You get things done: You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small, with attention to detail and ensure projects in your area of responsibility meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- You’re tech savvy: Demonstrated experience using an HRIS (Workday preferred) and advanced skills in working with all programs in the Microsoft suite, especially excel, to simplify and propel your work.
- You’re a communication pro: You can speak and write in a clear, concise and professional manner. You have a demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret report and policies, as well as the ability to write proposals and policies.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.