Software Engineering Internship (Summer 2021) at ServiceNow
Who is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for our 6,200 enterprise customers around the world. In fact, we’re honored to call 80% of the Fortune 500 our customers.
At ServiceNow, we’re looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week internship opportunities all over the U.S. across various business functions.
Interns will participate in executive speaker series, career development workshops, philanthropic efforts, and team building activities. Additionally, interns will have access to LinkedIn Learning online and dedicated Summer Coach to further grow their careers with us!
Where ServiceNow's Interns are located
- Bay Area (HQ-Santa Clara)
- San Diego
- Seattle (Kirkland)
- And more....
Why should YOU intern @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2020” has to say about working at ServiceNow:
- “Work within a scrum team, develop code within a corporate setting, use Git to manage source code, how to read through proprietary documentation to learn about our proprietary APIs and code base, work with the company politics to share my views on the design, implementation, and management of the ServiceNow platform”
- “The positive vibes in my team, and the very detailed code reviews given by my mentor and colleagues, which helped me learned a lot”
- “Challenging projects that taught them skills in software development and have a concrete impact on the company”
- “I was really glad to have important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks”
- “Face-to-face exposure to senior execs and having candid conversations to learn about the company, helpful team, autonomy to learn and drive my own projects”
- “I've formed relationship during the summer that I know I will maintain throughout life. Putting yourself out there and letting your ambition shine results in the most rewarding experiences”
Our internship opportunities:
Platform Engineering (Back End)
- As a Software Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Development group. You will be mentored in the necessary skills to become successful contributors to the team.
- You will join the development Scrum team as any other team member and work side by side with them to solve real business problems.
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- The mobile experience is one of the key areas of innovation for ServiceNow as we strive to transform user experiences for the enterprise.
- Come join our team of talented Java backend, iOS, and Android engineers and share our passion for user experience, innovation, performance, and quality.
- Build highly interactive web-based application UIs that can scale with application complexity
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Full lifecycle responsibility for software development from requirements and design to coding and ensuring a high degree of quality through testing and automation
- Design, implement, test, deliver and support ServiceNow's internal predictive analytics engine as a part of the overall Platform-as-a-Service offering. Specifically, you will learn and work on:
- Understand the business needs of Platform BU's customers
- Translate the needs into data requirements
- Design, code and test features that enhances the DxC engine to solve new business use cases
- Develop with a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, Selenium, TestNG and other open-source projects
- Work within a software development team to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability
- You will be a member of a strong team of developers working to build highly scalable Cloud Infrastructure Automation
- Solve tough technical challenges in a high energy environment with experience industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team
- Write test plans and test automation for declarative infrastructure.
NowX IoT Software Intern
- You will be a Software Engineering Intern on a small, focused engineering team that is shaping and executing ServiceNow’s IoT product strategy.
- The IoT team is building a scalable, distributed processing system for large-scale IoT data.
- Own and develop high quality and well-designed full-stack mission critical IoT projects from concept to final implementation, with the help of an experienced, knowledgeable and supportive team.
Engineering Ops, Product Operations, Technical Program Management
- Execute large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Apply solid judgment across multiple competing priorities
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure that successful software development delivery, on time with high quality
- Provide risk management tracking and clear status reporting to leadership team
Impact YOU can have:
- Ship code into production
- Code high-volume software using primarily C++ and Java
- Create large scale web applications using cutting edge web technologies and tooling
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Experience with Agile and the Software Development Lifecycle
- And more....
Who YOU are:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited university as a full-time student, pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization and commit to a 12-week internship in summer 2020 (May-August, or, June-September)
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, academic or personal projects, coding competitions, or publications
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.