Corporate Counsel - Privacy at ServiceNow
Senior Corporate Counsel - Privacy
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated attorney with 6+ years of practical and operational experience to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will ideally be located in Santa Clara, California and will report to the Director, Legal - Privacy.
The position will be a key part of the Global Privacy Team and will primarily be responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to Security, Commercial Legal, Audit, Risk and Compliance and other key stakeholders on privacy and cybersecurity matters. This is a singular opportunity to work closely with key business partners to further develop and expand on our ongoing privacy and cybersecurity initiatives.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide advice and guidance to various departments, especially Security, Commercial Legal, Compliance and Procurement.
- Serve as the key contact and liaison in the event of security investigations or incidents and provide meaningful direction and advice to relevant teams during investigations.
- Review and negotiate complex agreements in connection with privacy terms.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes, which may also involve conducting privacy and/or legal security reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- Help train relevant employees on ServiceNow’s privacy and cybersecurity compliance obligations.
- Assist in the development of the company’s privacy and cybersecurity processes, practices and operational procedures by keeping abreast of evolving laws and regulations and industry-standards globally.
- Assist in obtaining new cybersecurity certifications and attestations by working closely with the Compliance organization to increase certifications and attestations.
- Support the continuous improvement of privacy and cybersecurity program.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- JD with strong academic credentials.
- 6+ years of relevant privacy and cybersecurity experience, including experience as an in-house counsel of a technology company.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with technology and security teams and managing cybersecurity issues, incidents and associated notifications and escalations.
- Substantive expertise in reviewing and negotiating agreements and conducting privacy reviews.
- Experience in international privacy and data protection laws and demonstrated awareness of other key stakeholders / implications arising out of privacy and cybersecurity challenges.
- Demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement in business critical and escalated timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster and develop relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
- Experience working in or providing advice to a SaaS company preferable.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.