Corporate Counsel, Privacy at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are seeking an experienced and motivated privacy attorney with 4+ years of practical and operational experience to join our dynamic Global Privacy Team. We are a collaborative team with a passion for data privacy. We support privacy matters across the organization and enjoy working with talented individuals on cutting edge technology to find pragmatic solutions to challenges.
The position will be a key part of the Global Privacy Team and will primarily be responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to commercial legal, procurement, sales, and other key stakeholders on privacy matters. This is a singular opportunity to work closely with key business partners to further develop and expand on our ongoing privacy initiatives.
What you get to do in this role:
· Provide advice and guidance to various departments, especially commercial legal, procurement and sales.
· Review and negotiate complex privacy agreements.
· Assist in the completion and maintenance of privacy related documentation, including privacy impact assessments, record of processing activities.
· Help train relevant employees on ServiceNow’s privacy compliance obligations.
· Assist in the development of the company’s privacy processes, practices and operational procedures by keeping abreast of evolving laws and regulations and industry-standards globally.
· Support the continuous improvement of the privacy program.Qualifications
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Admitted to practice law in at least one state in the US.
· 6+ years of relevant privacy experience, including experience as an in-house counsel at a technology company.
· Substantive expertise reviewing and negotiating agreements, conducting privacy impact assessments.
· Experience in international privacy and data protection laws and demonstrated awareness of other key stakeholders / implications arising out of privacy challenges.
· Demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement in business critical and escalated timeframes.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster and develop relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
· Experience working in or providing advice to a SaaS company preferable.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.