General Counsel - part-time
We believe that phone calls should be secure, engaging, and free from fraud and robocalls. Hiya is building the modern trust and identity layer to revolutionize the mobile phone call experience. We serve more than 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with mobile device makers like Samsung and carriers like AT&T. We also help businesses who rely on real-time connections to amplify trust in their brand and reach more customers through our rapidly maturing SaaS platform, Hiya Connect.
Hiya is hiring a part-time General Counsel to lead all aspects of Hiya's legal work and help ensure that the company operates at the highest standards of compliance and ethics.
- Work with outside counsel and lead all aspects of Hiya's legal work including Corporate Matters, IP, International, and Privacy
- Manage and negotiate contracts with external partners and customers
- Act as Hiya’s Data Protection Officer/Chief Privacy Officer
- Oversee internal policies and training relating to compliance and ethics
- Provide strategic guidance and advice as a core member of the executive team, reporting directly to the COO
- JD and a minimum of six (6) years proven expertise in technology startups working at the executive level as a key operator
- An ability to exercise excellent judgment even when faced with tight timeframes and/or limited information
- An unending curiosity about business that couples with your knowledge of the law
- Multinational experience preferred
- M&A experience preferred
This is an opportunity to grow a function from the ground-up at a company that is revolutionizing the largest network in the world - the mobile phone network.
Hiya is a fast-growing startup that offers a team of dynamic and experienced executives at the helm, and a hardworking team of international colleagues at your side. We value getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in Seattle in our beautiful waterfront office, next to Pike Place Market.