Paralegal, Intellectual Property
Expedia Group is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to work collaboratively with our intellectual property team. The intellectual property team is responsible for all of the Expedia Group companies’ intellectual property, including trademarks, domain names, copyrighted works, and patents. The position is based at Expedia’s Seattle campus. Responsibilities include clearance searches for trademarks, investigation of copyright and trademark use, and advising business clients in the proper use of intellectual property. This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning legal team that is professional, collaborative and highly respected. The successful applicant will be very detail orientated and eager to learn and grow in their career with Expedia Group and in the intellectual property area.
What you’ll do:
- Support and assist Senior Paralegal in conducting and overseeing outside counsel to provide trademark clearance, prosecution, defense, and licensing services
- Work with businesses and registrars to clear, procure, and manage domain name portfolio and develop a domain name strategy for all brands
- Assist in developing and updating Trademark Usage Guidelines for all brands and responding to inquiries regarding proper use
- Support domain name, trademark, and fraud investigations and other contentious actions
- Assist attorneys with copyright protection and DMCA support efforts, and keyword and Social Media enforcement
- Provide support performing intellectual property due diligence investigations
- Assist in overseeing Outside Counsel, Service Providers, and internal stakeholders in support of intellectual property registration and to ensure proper maintenance of legal entities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other internal functional groups, e.g. corporate affairs, marketing, security, and tax
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3-5 years law firm or in-house experience in intellectual property area
- Strong organizational skills with superb attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a track record of establishing strong working relationships
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment and problem solving
- Ability to be flexible with change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree, Paralegal Certificate or experience with a top regional or national law firm
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.